Friday, January 28, 2011

Movie : 127 Hours

Before knowing that this 127 Hours is a new movie, I already know almost the whole story of it. It's because of my dear boyfriend is reading the book already written by the Aron Ralston himself. So when we got a chance to watch the movie, I already prepared myself for what I am about to see, just in case it is so bloody and I don't know actually. But anyway, after 1 and half hour watching it (I think), aside from some scene that makes me jump and cover my eyes because of some scenes of him in pain, my reaction was WOW! It is actually a GREAT movie. It's not just that I think the story is not good but you know, the whole story is all and only about Aron Ralston played by James Franco being stuck in an isolated canyon in Canyonlands National Park of Utah where a fallen boulder crushes his right arm and traps him for 127 hours. It is like Tom Hanks in Cast Away movie but this one is much worst than that, 'cause he is only in one place for almost the entire movie. At the start I didn't know how can they make the movie interesting or somehow avoid the dragging part. But hey, credit for the director Danny Boyle for a great execution of every scene but more credit for James Franco for pulling it off with a BANG! :) His acting is really good, I actually haven't seen him that good. I think this movie really fits well for him. So guys, I do recommend this one especially for the mountain enthusiast, just so you can learn from it at the same time appreciate the canyons too.
James Franco / Aron Ralston

Lesson learned: Never ever go in some place alone without telling anyone where you are going. Always inform someone just in case something happens to you and if you didn't go home on time, they can look and search for you just in case. And as Aron said it, never settle for cheap items especially for safety kits. Go for the quality brand kits, it will do you a favor in time. But Aron teaches us too, how positive he was in every way, he can still smile in small pleasures life brings like the 15 minutes sunlight he gets every morning while being trapped. And not giving up on life and try to survive in any way. And bringing your camera and video cam makes a difference too, good idea for you personal documentation and you never know, you can use it for your own book and your own movie.
Aron's Book

This movie will inspire you in different way and will make you appreciate life once again. Enjoy watching the movie but make sure to eat you lunch or dinner first and drink enough water. :)

Life is short, don't wait for something like this happens to you before you can appreciate people you love and loves you. Appreciate them while you can 'cause not everyone has its second chance. 8)



No comments:

Post a Comment