Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Food : O'sonho - the DREAM

O'sonho is Portuguese for "the dream". O'sonho (Osonyo, as pronouced, correct me if I'm wrong) is a new Portuguese Fusion restaurant in town. They have a branch in Jupiter Street in Makati City, where I haven't tried yet, and in Eastwood Mall in Libis. If I am right, I think it's the only Portuguese restaurant in Manila.

In my pictures below, these are the foods that we ordered on our second visit. I forgot to bring my camera last time so I didn't get a chance to take some pictures of the food.We actually love all their food and their Portugese beer, Super Bock, so after few weeks, here we are again. 

 Taste the Dream! It's a must! :) It is something you haven't tried before if you haven't tried any Portuguese cuisine. It is a bit like a Spanish cuisine but with more spices I think, and they use olive oil and without MSG. :)
 This is the Espedata De Carne (Php 460.00) With 2 large skewers with shrimps, scallops, tenderloin and vegetables with a paste.
 This is the Picado. One of my favorite. It's a tendeloin beef salpicao with garlic, red wine, herbs and spices.
 Bacalhau Pasta (Php 340.00). A juicy tomato concasse with black olives, capers and herbs. The way they cook the pasta is so al dente.
 Portugese Gambas (Php 310.00). It's a spicy garlicky gambas. This is my Top 1 favorite. :) The shrimps tenderness are just right and I LOVE THE GARLIC!
 O'sonho's House Greens (Php 280.00). All romain lettuce glazed with sugar coated walnuts, dried tomatoes, goat cheese, quezo de bola and drizzled with sweet balsamic dressing. This actually came in between our meals 'cause we ordered this late but, it is actually perfect in between every dish to wash away the flavors of the other dish.
Portuguese Chourico (Php 260.00).  This is one of their appetizer, it's a Portuguese sausage with something on it that makes it different and delicious.

We tried the Caldo Verde too, a vegetable soup. Yummy and healthy. And last time we visited, I tried the Peri Peri Chicken Pasta, it was superb too.

Overall. Everything is great. Even the place is nice, its perfect for families, friends and even as a date place. It's quite, the service is great too, by the way they serve water with lemon on it, it makes the water more refreshing and lastly the place didn't smell like restaurant smoke that usually sticks on your clothes after eating.

O'sonho is definitely one of my recommended restaurant in town. Try it and experience the Portuguese DREAM.. :) 8 

No comments:

Post a Comment